A Gator in Dar Es Salaam

"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi - Out of Africa always something new" -Pliny the Elder

Thursday, September 01, 2005

So Long Friends/Family

After months of preparation, paperwork, and excitement, I will finally be embarking on a wonderful journey. While most have asked me if I am nervous about my trip, my honest answer is that I am not nervous. I feel that I'm well prepared and ready for whatever comes my way. I realize that my trip is not the same as a trip to Paris would be, but I wish that none of you will worry about me. I am as prepared as a I possibly could be for whatever life throws my way in Dar-Es-Salaam. I am looking forward to finally being there and next Friday We leave on a trip for Zanzibar, a historical and beautiful island. I will miss everyone here, especially those in Gainesville who will need to cheer on the Gators in my abscence. I will hopefully be updating this site on a regular basis (I hope with pictures) and will be in touch via Email (MattStac@ufl.edu) I will miss all you and I'm glad that you all (lived in the south for 7 years now) can be apart of my trip and my time in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania.


Matt Stacy

By the way, US Soccer Vs. Mexico is on Saturday night, we can clinch a berth in the World Cup, and since Im not here to cheer on Kasey Keller and Co. I hope everyone can tune in and cheer on America's Team.

Bye and I will miss all of you.

4 Comments:

  • At 9/02/2005 12:37 AM, Anonymous Dad said…

    5 p.m. on Thursday September 1. Matt just took off from Jacksonville International on his way to DAR.

     
  • At 9/02/2005 1:48 AM, Blogger Troy Alexander said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9/02/2005 1:49 AM, Blogger Troy Alexander said…

    I pray for your Matt, but I know you will be just fine. Heck, you drove to Canada and back by yourself; I would think this trip is somewhat comparable to that. I can't wait to hear all of your crazy stories upon your return! Just know that you are in our thoughts everyday. Have fun, be safe, and don't catch malaria!

     
  • At 9/03/2005 6:03 AM, Anonymous Lee Anne Dobson said…

    Matt:

    Just wanted to let you know that your mother is doing fine...a little retail therapy and lunch today helped a little, too...Take care of yourself, have fun and know that your are missed...

    Lee Anne Dobson

     

Post a Comment

<< Home