A Gator in Dar Es Salaam

"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi - Out of Africa always something new" -Pliny the Elder

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Lots of Pictures

I previously had almost no pictures on the site, now I have a lot. I hope that they are not too big and dont take forever to load, but enjoy. Most are from my recent trip to Serengeti/Ngorongoro Crater. Some from Zanzibar, which was over 2 months ago, and a few other assorted photos. Hope you find these pictures as exciting and as fun as I had when I was experiencing them. Also, my malaria is not so bad now, my ear hurts. But the medicine helps and I have such a strong will power that even Malaria cannot stop me...ahaha. Ive just laid in bed for a few days.

Thanksgiving:
Had a great Thanksgiving meal on Thursday evening. My first very international Thanksgiving. Maybe 15 Americans, some Norwegians, 10 Tanzanians, and a wacky Canadian who obviously hates my freedom. It was a lot of fun, had spaghetti, some chicken, macaroni, mashed potatoes. All in all a pretty solid Thanksgiving meal, and almost certainly the only Thanksgiving I will have had in Tanzania, with Malaria, on a day that I took a bucket bath. Haha, have a nice weekend and Go Gators

Matt

1 Comments:

  • At 11/27/2005 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Matt,
    I continue to follow with fascination the excellent descriptions of your time in Africa. Thank you again for your diligence in making us a part of your adventure. Concerned to hear that you have Malaria and while we all appreciate the lighthearted outlook you present on the sickness please humor us all AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF until you are well. While it is enjoyable to read your descriptions I am mainly looking forward to the opportunity to talk with you about this adventure and what it means to you, so bring yourself back to the USA in good health. The pictures are great. Oh, I'm relieved to see you know better that to confuse hookers with soulmates.
    Dave

     

Post a Comment

<< Home