A Gator in Dar Es Salaam

"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi - Out of Africa always something new" -Pliny the Elder

Thursday, November 24, 2005

So You Have A Tropical Disease

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I have 2 frozen chickens sitting in my fridge, that will be cooked this evening. Looking forward to it. Also I have Malaria. I got the test done last night. The whole cost for the test, seeing a doctor, 27 pills, everything was 4,000 TSH, which is about $3.75. Crazy. Anyways Malaria isnt so bad, so far and the drugs really help. The reason it kills thousands of people every year is that they have no access to the lifesaving drugs, which I got last night. So its a memorable Thanksgiving for sure. Nothing to worry about and I should be back to normal by early next week hopefully. Again Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the football games.

Matt

1 Comments:

  • At 11/29/2005 2:53 AM, Anonymous Emily said…

    I can't believe you have malaria. Since you are fine is it ok that I say it's kind of cool? Did you get it from a mosquito? wow. What a life you have.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home